Water/Sanitation

Internship Opportunity with CoCoDA If you are a social committed person and want to get experience at working with community development, check out this link for more information.

CoCoDA takes a unique approach to water and sanitation projects that respects local autonomy, builds capacity and insures sustainability.

  • Our projects are identified, designed, constructed and ultimately owned by our partner communities.
  • We assist each community in forming a small public utility called a Water Board. This organization is responsible both for implementing the project and for administering the water system upon completion.
  • Our projects involve water metering. This encourages conservation and provides long term revenue for the water system.
  • Wherever possible, CoCoDA incorporates solar power in our projects. Solar power makes projects viable that would have once been too expensive to sustain.

Through ongoing work by CoCoDA, partnering with other local non-governmental organizations (NGOs), international organizations like Rotary International and the local government, the dream of having potable water distribution systems has already been realized by many communities.

Clean water is essential to a vibrant community, public health and economic vitality. Those without access to clean water are forced to gather water by hand from distant sources that often contain parasites and E-coli or are forced to purchase bottled water at high cost.

Additionally, the three or four hours required to find water each day are hours robbed from jobs, education and family life. CoCoDA is committed to assisting our partners in Central America in their lofty goal of providing 100% of their citizens with clean and potable water.

Over the past twenty years, CoCoDA has worked with local NGOs and villagers to bring clean water to over 90% of the Suchitoto region in El Salvador. Unfortunately, the remaining 10% are some of the most difficult projects. Using a variety of innovative approaches including solar power, CoCoDA is helping to leverage the resources necessary to complete this important work.

In 2019, we will bring the same approach to clean water to the community of Zacataloza, Nicaragua. Using solar power, we can now bring clean water to places where this was once an impossibility.

CoCoDA takes a unique approach to water and sanitation projects that respects local autonomy, builds capacity and insures sustainability.

  • Our projects are identified, designed, constructed and ultimately owned by our partner communities.
  • We assist each community in forming a small public utility called a Water Board. This organization is responsible both for implementing the project and for administering the water system upon completion.
  • Our projects involve water metering. This encourages conservation and provides long term revenue for the water system.
  • Wherever possible, CoCoDA incorporates solar power in our projects. Solar power makes projects viable that would have once been too expensive to sustain.

Through ongoing work by CoCoDA, partnering with other local non-governmental organizations (NGOs), international organizations like Rotary International and the local government, the dream of having potable water distribution systems has already been realized by many communities.

Completed and Ongoing Projects

Other Projects